The first Biocenter Finland (BF) user survey was conducted in March 2013 in order to get...
Biocenter Finland is searching for Director for the period of...
The international evaluation of BF activities in 2010-2012 will take place in June 10-11,...
Biocenter Finland Infrastructure Day 2011 will be organised on Thursday, October 13, 2011. The seminar takes place in Turku Science Park, BioCity building, Mauno Koivisto Centre, Tykistökatu 6 A (map)
The themes of the Day are Biological imaging, Proteomics & metabolomics and Structural biology. All researchers interested in biosciences and Biocenter Finland technology services are welcome!
Online registration by October 7, 2011 (no registration fee). Registration closed.
9:50-10:00 Opening; Eero Vuorio, Biocenter Finland
10:00-11:45 Session I: Biological Imaging
- From systems biology of mitosis in cancer cells to Euro-BioImaging; Jan Ellenberg, EMBL, Heidelberg
- Biocenter Finland goes super-resolution; John Eriksson, Åbo Akademi University
- Highlights of the biological electron microscopy consortium; Eija Jokitalo, University of Helsinki
- In vivo imaging in Biocenter Finland; Olli Gröhn, University of Eastern Finland
11:45-12:45 Lunch & posters
12:45-14:30 Session II: Proteomics & Metabolomics
- Building comprehensive tools for targeted proteomics: Introducing the Human SRMAtlas; Rob Moritz, The Institute for Systems Biology (ISB), Seattle
- ProtMet.net: a national resource for protein, proteome and metabolome research; Garry Corthals, Turku Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University
- Proteome technology serving basic and advanced protein profiling; Marc Baumann, University of Helsinki
- Biophysical characterization of proteins; Vesa Hytönen, University of Tampere
- Metabolomics technology platforms; Seppo Auriola, University of Eastern Finland
14:30-15:00 Coffee & posters
15:00-16:45 Session III: Structural Biology
- Cutting complexity down to size in the viral world with new technologies; David Stuart, STRUBI - The Division of Structural Biology, University of Oxford
- ESI-FTIC-MS; Juha Rouvinen, Biocenter Kuopio, University of Eastern Finland
- NMR, X-ray and EM; Adrian Goldman, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki
16:45-17:00 Closing remarks
For further information contact Planning officer Sanna Leinonen, +358 50 415 6727, sanna.p.leinonen (at) helsinki.fi. Certificates of participation will be provided on request.
- The winner of the ”When Life is Art”- bioimaging competition will be published during BF Infrastructure Day.
Satellite meeting on Finnish participation in ESFRI projects in the field of biological and medical sciences (BMS) in Turku on October 12, 2011;
Structural biology network Roadshow in Turku on October 14, 2011.
Photo by Veikko Somerpuro
No upcoming events.
Course contents include: cross-technology structural data integration methods, computational modelling and protein design, macromolecular complex production, electron tomography and correlative imaging techniques, biomolecular interactions, hybrid approaches in structural biology.
Biocenter Finland Infrastructure Day, October 13, 2011