BF Annual Report 2013 has now been published. The report summarizes the activities of the...
Biocenter Finland has been selected for the updated national roadmap for research...
Biocenter Finland Infrastructure Day 2012 will be organised on Thursday, August 30, 2012 in Tampere. The seminar takes place in Finn-Medi 5 Auditorium, Biokatu 12 (1. floor), Tampere.
The themes of the Day are Model organisms, Stem cells and biomaterials and Translational technologies. Additionally a special guest lecture on Bioinformatics will be given. All researchers interested in biosciences and Biocenter Finland technology services are welcome!
Online registration closed.
(for late registration please contact Sanna Leinonen)
( program as pdf)
9:30–9:40 Opening; Eero Vuorio, Biocenter Finland
9:40-10:25 Guest lecture: EBI and Elixir - The Future of bioinformatics in Europe; Ewan Birney, European Bioinformatics Institute EBI
10:25-12:00 Session I: Translational technologies
- Biocenter Finland translational research network & ESFRI links; Johan Lundin, FIMM
- Drug Discovery & Chemical Biology (DDCB) network and activities; Krister Wennerberg, FIMM
- Translational imaging of tissues; Jorma Isola, Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere & Johan Lundin, FIMM
12:00–13:00 Lunch & posters
13:00–14:45 Session II: Model organisms
- Infrafrontier, The European infrastructure for phenotyping and archiving of model mammalian genomes; Michael Hagn, Helmholtz Zentrum München, Germany
- FinnMouse, National infrastructure for generation, analysis and archiving of mouse models; Raija Soininen, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu
- HIF-P4H-2 (PHD2) in ischemic cardioprotection; Peppi Karppinen, Oulu Center for Cell-Matrix Research, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oulu
- Innate immunity: flies as a model for bugs and people; Dan Hultmark, Institute of Biomedical Technology, University of Tampere & Department of Molecular Biology, Umeå University
14:45–15:00 Coffee & posters
15:00–16:45 Session III: Stem cells and biomaterials
- iPS cell technology-based research towards regenerative medicine for kidney diseases; Kenji Osafune, The Center for iPS Cell Research and Application (CiRA), Japan
- Development of transgene-free iPS cell technologies; Timo Otonkoski, University of Helsinki
- iPSC technology to model genetic diseases; Katriina Aalto-Setälä, University of Tampere
16:45–17:00 Closing remarks
Certificates of participation will be provided on request. Indicate the need of certificate in the registration form. The certificates will be distributed to the participants right after the seminar outside the lecture room.
Further information Planning officer Sanna Leinonen, +358 50 415 6727, sanna.p.leinonen (at) helsinki.fi.