EMBL in Finland
Biocenter Finland would like to welcome you to the EMBL in Finland event on Friday October 5, 2018 at 10-16.00 in Biomedicum Helsinki. The event is a get-together for the Finnish Life Science community and features an exciting day of science talks and discussions about resources and opportunities offered by EMBL.
Connect with current and former EMBL staff, life science researchers and students to grow networks, strengthen ties, explore collaborations and learn about state-of-the-art research infrastructures.
The speakers include current and alumni EMBL researchers and staff, EMBO members, as well as leaders in the field of research infrastructures. The event provides information on career opportunities for young researchers, so be sure to forward the invitation to your students. Some of the speakers include:
- Kai Simons, Chief Executive Officer, Lipotype, Dresden; (EMBL Heidelberg, Head of Cell Biology and Biophysics Unit, 1975-2000; EMBO Council Member, 2004-2009)
- Mark Daly, Director, Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM), HiLIFE, University of Helsinki
- Rainer Pepperkok, Head of Core Facilities, Head of Advanced Light Microscopy Core Facility, Team Leader and Senior Scientist, EMBL, Heidelberg
- Howy Jacobs, EMBO Member, Professor of Molecular Biology, University of Tampere
- Riitta Maijala Vice President for Research, Chair of The Finnish Research Infrastructure Committee at the Academy of Finland
The event is free of charge but registration is required. For full program and registration, please see www.embl.org/alumni/finland2018
The event is organized by Biocenter Finland and the EMBL Alumni team.